It was past midnight when I started the pilot, and I was tired because I had gotten up early yesterday to go to the Farmer's Market, so I only got to watch two episodes before I passed out. That's good though, because had I not been so tired, I would have probably watched all 18 episodes, and then I'd have nothing to look forward to. But now I have 16 episodes to look forward to. See how that worked out for me?
I can't stress how amazing it is though. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour... see it.
I knew I would love immediately upon watching the first scene of the pilot, but it steadly exceeded my expectations. I think the precise moment of my official verdict (guilty of clever and authentic hilarity) was a scene at the dinner table, where the father gave his children life lessons with "examples" of the consequences of bad decisions.
"You can't cut class. John F. Kennedy cut class, and you know what happened to him? He DIED."
He followed that during the same conversation by saying something like, "Live up to your potential, kids. Janis Joplin didn't live up to her potential, and you know what happened to her? She DIED."
And also, "You shuldn't be smoking cigarettes. Jimi Hendrix smoked cigarettes, and you know what happened to him? He DIED."
How can you not laugh at that? Heath Ledger didn't laugh at that and... oh... toooo soooooon.
In summation, the freaks are awesome and geeks are awesome, but the parents make the show.
Oh... and another reason to watch?

Trust me on this one.
1 comment:
Too soon indeed. Who do you think you are, an animated comedy series? -Nicole
Post a Comment