Hi Kids,
Sorry about the delayed postage. But sometimes, believe it or not, I just don't have anything to say.
This whole March Break has been a very writing-intensive week for me, despite the lack of proof on here.
While I was home on the weekend, I recorded two of my newer songs, and my old favourite using my brother's computer. The results aren't exactly what I heard in my head, but they're respectable enough for a first effort. When I came back, I wrote a new song. It is very cute. It's called "On Repeat (The I Like You Love Song)".
Maybe one day you will hear it.
I have also been working on my novel like I'm on deadline. It always seems that when I have nothing to do, I can't get in the mood to work on it, but when I have a lot of work (like three big assignments due Monday...) I spend all my time on the book, rather than the work.
But it's getting close to being exactly how I want it, except it's missing a chapter 13. There are 16 chapters. It's purely coincidence that the chapter I skipped is chapter 13. I don't normally treat my stories like tall buildings.
As for chapters 1-12, 14, 15 and 16, I've never felt so good about something I've written. It feels like I'm on to something different and something good. It feels legitimate, like it could actually be published. I like that.
Now I just have to learn how to let it go. Stop editing. The thing about editing is that the right amount of editing can make a piece shine, but too much editing can make it unnatural and stiff. My number one priority is making it seem authentic, which editing doesn't always help. But still, I tend to edit too much, because whenever I can't think of how to continue the plot, I go back and change the existing plot instead.
When I started writing this book, I knew how it would begin, and how it would end, but I had no idea of what would happen in between. As it progressed, it turned into something competely different than what I expected, so I had to change the ending, which really hurt. I loved the original ending, but it didn't fit anymore with the rest of the story.
I changed the ending again and again, trying to make it more akin to my vision, but it still was not there. Until last night. Last night, I had an epiphany. Let's crank it up and see what happens.
So I rewrote the ending for the 5th and hopefully last time. Now it's almost exactly the same as the original ending, but... more. More beautiful, more hopeful, more heartbreaking, and more importantly, more pertinent to the rest of the story.
Maybe one day you will read it.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reading it would be sweet.
-Ksand
Post a Comment