Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The last week I've been in a state of queasy euphoria - like the first time smoking a cigarette, only perpetual.

Although I cannot specifically account for the queasiness (I assume it's a mixture of stress and a cold), the root causes for the euphoria are:

a) The anticipation of the end of school (so long as I conveniently ignore the inconceivable amounts of work, the impossibly short time to do to it, and the endless string of excuses and procrastination tools I use to not deal with it)

b) Early spring has morphed into mid-spring, which is an all-together more enjoyable time (picture someone you know who is normal and in their 20's. Now imagine the self-absorbed little terror they were at 15 years old. That, to me, is the difference between early and mid-spring.)

c) My trip out west (round one) is fast approaching, and I'm already writing the travel story in my head, despite not having arrived or experienced anything travel-related yet.

d) Joni Mitchell -- particularly, "Come on down to the mermaid cafe and I will buy you a bottle of wine, and we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our empty glasses down". Every time I hear that line, I need to dance... literally need to. It's a compulsion. It doesn't matter where I am. I will be dancing.

Anyway, this post has served its purpose as a procrastination tool for me, as I'm sure it has for you, now that you've read to this point.

If you'd still don't feel like going back to the important things you're surely doing, here are a couple of my favourite procrastination tools of the last week featuring Cats and Dogs and Cute little children. What's better than that?

Katt

Dog

Children I

Children II


You're welcome for brightening your day. Now go listen to joni mitchell and dance around. Hopefully you will experience euphoria without queasiness

No comments: