If you've always wanted to see a band of mostly STU students playing in a UNB event, have I got a show for you!!!
I'm aiming at a very specific audience, aren't I?
Let me try again.
The 60th Annual Red and Black Review is next Sunday at the playhouse with many other acts worthy of a general mention and one act worthy of specific mention - me and my band.
I claim ownership, even though Billy formed the band, assigned the parts, wrote the music and lyrics, got us the gig, and organizes any and all rehearsals. But I'm as, if not more, essential. I bang a tambourine and sing back-up. Back-up like you've never heard.
An early review* said, "Her command of the "oohs" and "aahs" will leave you saying the same."
Plus, there is an opening dance number involving everyone in the show. Seeing Billy, Emily, Colin, Tyler, Jeremy and myself, scattered amongst those whose talent IS dancing, trying to look like we know what we're doing, is worth the price of admission alone.
I haven't danced since the 10th grade musical, and all I recall about that experience is how to do a going-nowhere. Which is fitting, considering that perfectly describes my dance career.
Well then, I think that's enough information to leave you feeling an overwhelming necessity to see the review, while leaving my band with a certain mystique. So before I ruin it, I'll just say...
Playhouse. Sunday. Feb 24. 8:00pm. 5-10$ (depending on if you're a UNB student). See you there (but probably won't speak to you, what with being a giant rock star and all).
*written by me
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
From Nicole:
Now that I've added you to my list of sites to check, I expect you to update as frequently as the superficial, if not at perez levels. Speed up those witticisms!
Also: how do I know you're checking your comments? Does blogspot email you when someone leaves one?
This may come as a shock, Nicole, but my life does not have as many mentionable anecdotes as THE ENTIRE CELEBRITY WORLD COMBINED.
I'm sorry to disappoint. And yes, I get emails.
Red and black is fun. I like pizta. Love nmyzbyySteve#6
Post a Comment